Work on Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides Offline
You can save the most recently opened documents on your computer. To turn on offline access:
- On your computer, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- In the top left, click Menu .
- Click Settings.
- Turn Offline
- When you turn on offline access for Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Drive, it will be turned on for the others, too.
Make specific files available offline:
Your most recent files will be automatically saved offline. To manually select files to save offline:
- Follow the steps above to turn on offline access in Google Drive.
- Open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- On the file you want to use offline, click More .
- Click Available offline. A checkmark will appear in the bottom left corner to show that the file is available offline.
Android, iPhone and iPad
Make Google files available offline:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides
- On the file you want to use offline, tap More (three dots on bottom-right corner).
- Tap Available offline. A checkmark will appear to show that the file is available offline.
Use Google Drive files offline
To turn on offline access:
- You must be connected to the Internet.
- Use the Google Chrome
- Don't use incognito mode.
- Install and enable Google Docs offline Chrome extension.
- Make sure you have enough free space on your device to save your files.
Open your Google Drive files offline:
- Open Chrome. Make sure you're signed in to Chrome.
- Go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
- Check the box next to "Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides & Drawings files to this computer so that you can edit offline."
Android, iPhone, and iPad
Open files offline:
Important: You must be connected to the Internet to turn on offline access.
Turn offline access on or off:
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Next to the file, tap More (three dots in bottom-right corner).
- To save a file offline, tap Available offline .
Find files you saved for offline access:
- Open the Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
- Tap Menu Offline.
Information Credit: support.google.com